The City of Memphis has recently hired Jaime Barra, Level 3 Assessor, to reappraise our city and represent us as our assessor. He will be overseeing the implementation of the corrective action plan and play an integral role in the city getting our 2011 tax rolls corrected. He is committed to the City of Memphis and our citizens. If you have any questions or concern, or would just like to talk to our new assessor, he can be reached at (586) 615-6613.
What We Do
- Appraise real and personal property for the purpose of property taxation.
- Ensure that all land is identified with both a legal description and maps
- Describe the physical improvements to the land such as commercial and residential buildings. These descriptions identify characteristics such as size, age, shape, etc. for each improvement.
- Maintain taxpayer of record information via various documents such as deeds, transfer affidavits, homestead forms and taxpayer requests.
- Maintain detailed sales records on vacant and improved properties in the Township. Sales data is typically obtained through recorded deeds received from the County Clerk’s office, or Property Transfer Affidavits.
If you have any questions and would like to speak to any of our staff please call between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
35095 Potter Street
Memphis, MI 48041
Phone: (810) 392-2385
Fax: (810) 392-3625